November 09, 2009

Birthday Wrap-Up

So.....I rung in the last year of my 20s in STYLE! (Thanks to some great planning by my hubbie). My birthday was Saturday, but the fun actually began on Friday! I started the evening by getting a haircut than met Patrick at the Camelback Inn (a super nice resort in town) where he had booked us a room! We had cocktails out on our patio....which was big enough for 50 people...... enjoyed views of the mountains....
....and enjoyed the sunset.
Then it was off to our favorite restaurant, HOUSTON'S, for a killer dinner and some cocktails! When we were stuffed we went back to the hotel to take a night dip in the hot tub and get a good night's rest in their awesome beds!
We were super lucky to leave this busy little bee with her Nana and Paw-Paw for the night, THANKS Nana and Paw-Paw!
Then (yep, it gets better) I went to the spa for a massage and for some ME time!
After my massage I relaxed in this hot tub.....
and then layed out (the weather was Beautiful, about 80 degrees) by the pool....
while I read this REALLY good book!
Then I went over to my in-laws house where they cooked a yummy birthday dinner and showered me with gifts!


AND......Sunday we had our friends Elizabeth and Angelo over to celebrate mine and Angelo's birthdays.....in Funny, Crazy Fashion.....with a TURDUCKEN (a turkey stuffed with a Duck, that is stuffed with a chicken!)

WHAT A SUPER FUN, RELAXING WEEKEND! Thanks everyone for making 29 so special!

2 comments:

Danell said...

http://designercakesbyapril.blogspot.com/

Hey there! Here is the link for the cake lady in town. Let me know if it works out and I'll start tracking someone else down for you!

Danell

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Julia! It sounds like you had a great day with Patrick and your massage therapist :)