We have been meaning to call and schedule a dentist appt for Caroline as she is nearing the 2 1/2 year mark.
A few days ago I noticed that one of Caroline's front teeth seemed "dirtier" than the rest. I mentioned it to Patrick and he said it looked fine to him. I tried scrubbing them extra hard, but it still seemed discolored to me. Saturday, while we were at the pool, Patrick and I both noticed that the tooth had gotten considerably darker. By this morning it was dark gray in color, so I immediately called the dentist. We went in this afternoon and THANK GOODNESS the doctor said it should hopefully turn back. He said it could possibly need to be pulled, but most likely it will get a bit worse, but then over the next few months go back to its original color. He thought most likely it got bumped in a fall and the darkness was due to a blood buildup in the tooth. We will be keeping an eye on it and are praying it gets better, I would be SO SAD if she had to be without her front tooth for the next 5 years or so! *We know it is not the end of the world though, with all the parents dealing with serious childhood illness, we will take a little ole tooth issue anyday!
Here is a picture of the "dark tooth":












2 comments:
Oops! That dark tooth has to be removed before things get worse. And it's normal for kids to lose their tooth, because they are still in their growing and developing stage. So no need to worry about the black and lost tooth, because it will be replaced soon!
Oh, I agree with Adam. That tooth should be pulled as soon as possible. That's a cute Cinderella toothbrush, and that will surely be used everytime. Caroline looks like she loves her toothbrush. :)
~Johnson Paola
Post a Comment