Grandma has been gone for a while now, but I wanted to show you what we were up to while she was here to visit for three weeks! Before she arrived I had not really started ANYTHING for the Big Girl room or the Nursery, and I am happy to report they are both pretty much Complete! The Nursery was neutral for Caroline and over the past 2 1/2 years has been gussied up with girl-ness, so the first task was taking it back to neutral (especially since I still am pretty convinced that this baby is a BOY).

We pulled out all of the gender neutral clothes and they are now washed, folded and ready for baby. We also got out all of the baby toys, books, bouncy seat, and other baby gear.

the crib has been reassembled from the toddler bed and hopefully will be used for LONG stretches at night!

I am still on the hunt for a coming home outfit for a baby boy (the one I bought when we had Caroline I have decided I do not care for) but the outfit Caroline wore home is washed and ready in case Caroline gets a baby sister!

This BIG SISTER wanted in on the picture taking action.......and now for her BIG GIRL room!

her little book nook (right when you walk in to the left of her bedroom door)

We had no place to move the computer desk to, so instead we took off the doors and made it a display area for Caroline's special photos, books, and memorabilia. The bottom cabinet is perfect for hiding her strollers and bigger toys. This will eventually be painted white.

This is the view from Caroline's bed. I found this storage unit at IKEA and it is so perfect. It fits a TON of toys as well as adds some counter space for more of Caroline's treasures!

I also fell in love with this frame from IKEA, it will eventually be white or some shade of pink with a black and white picture of Caroline. The lamp next to the bed is super special, it was the last think Nana bought Caroline before she passed away. (When we turn it off each night we say "night night Nana")

And here is Caroline's BIG GIRL Bed! We are lucky to have guests here quite often, especially my parents, so we knew we needed to keep the queen bed. So we turned the bed 180 degrees to give Caroline more space to play. I hunted forever to find a sophisticated quilt, and ended up finding a great sale at Pottery Barn kids. It is girlie but can grow with her for a long time. 

When I took my girls trip to Charleston I saw fabric displayed in these sewing circles and loved the idea! I found three different fabrics that work with the bedding, and soon her initials will be in the middle of each.










No comments:
Post a Comment