Friday night our whole family was able to get together and celebrate our Mom on her very special birthday. We had a delicious dinner and enjoyed just spending the evening together. My SIL Kristen's family has a tradition of lighting the correct number of candles on the birthday cake and this year we adopted her tradition (4 packs of candles later:)
the flaming masterpiece
amazed at the number of candles
everyone helps to blow out the candles
Scarlett snuggles with Paige
Grandma with 2 of her grandbabies
silly cousins
Saturday my mom, the girls, and I packed up the car and headed to TN to visit my grandfather's only living sibling. My Great Aunt Reese is 95 and still sharp as a tack! I wanted to visit her and introduce her to Miss Scarlett. We had a nice visit and look froward to seeing her again when he head to TN in March for a family wedding. Above is a picture of the beautiful scenery the whole way there, MAN I miss fall in the south!
Aunt Reese, my mom, Caroline, and Scarlett
There are a few people in you life who make an impact so great that without them you wonder how different your life would have become. My dance teacher was one of those people. I studied under Ms Phyllis from 3rd grade until I left for college and she taught me so much more than just how to dance. Today I, along with my mom, my girls, and a slew of other people that were impacted by her life and love gathered together to thank her and celebrate her. I was so happy and honored to be here to partake in the beautiful celebration.
Caroline, my Mom, Ms. Phyllis, Scarlett, and I
Ms. Phyllis and I
I know people always say with each child less pictures are taken, and while I try to not allow that to happen.....2 kids= WAY less time these days! So.....here are a few to catch up!
sweet sleepy baby

all dressed up for the party








No comments:
Post a Comment