About two weeks ago Caroline got tubes put in her ears for the second time (She got them when she turned one, they fell out about a year later, and after another rough year of ear infections, we decided on tubes again). Caroline was such a GREAT patient. They gave her a special mask (she got to choose a chapstick flavor that they line the inside with to make it smell good) and explained that she would take a quick rest and then be back with me afterwards. She was such a good girl, she went hand in hand with the nurse without any fuss when it was her turn. She was only gone for a few minutes, and they brought her back, groggy, and was her old spunky self before long! (I tried to get her to go to the bathroom before the surgery but she wouldn't go, and I didn't want to get her upset before they took her away from me, so I didn't make her...I felt like the worst mama, cause when they brought her to me she was soaking wet! She was a good sport though and the nurses had her all wrapped up in blankets, they were all so sweet.) I am so thankful that all went well!
Caroline at the ENT (a few weeks before surgery)
testing out the "smelly" mask before she goes under










1 comment:
Jules- thanks for sharing this story! I didn't know that Caroline had tubes. Natalie is actually scheduled to have tubes put in this Thursday and while it is a common procedure, I can't help but be a little anxious about it. It always makes me feel better when other parents share their experiences. Hope this go round works for Caroline!
Post a Comment