Um......I CANNOT believe the baby tracker says 12 more days!!! It still seems so unreal that we are about to double the kid craziness, but it could really happen any day now!
We had a fun filled weekend with family and friends (we keep making plans thinking it will be our "last time" every time!). Saturday P and Car went to the children's museum while Laura, Smokey and I went to a theatre production of Hairspray. We all headed back to our house for dinner, where Patrick was head chef! Yesterday we headed over to our dear friend's Jim and Jen's house for swimming and a cook-out. It felt so good to be in the pool, dinner was delicious, and the best part was the company! Jen is due about 2 months after I am (so fun having kiddos so close together), so we had to take a belly picture! *pardon the water spots, we had just come in from the pool!
we also got the swing we are borrowing all set up and ready (notice it currently contains baby Lucy :)

I finished the nurse's treats we are taking with us to the hospital (I am all about buttering up those folks in charge of my care, especially my PAIN MEDS!!) as well as the little treats for our hospital visitors.

The Nurse's treats say: Thanks for helping us POP out our new addition
and the Visitor's say: Thanks for POP-ING in to meet our new addition
Grandma helped me hunt down some BIG SISTER gifts for Caroline to ease the lack of gifts and attention she will be getting for a while! We hope this makes having a new baby even more exciting to her (if that is possible)! This gift will be to Caroline from the baby, while Caroline will bring COZY the bear for the baby.

Her gift includes: a BIG SISTER book, 2 videos (to watch if the hospital visiting gets boring to her, or we need to keep her occupied), and a jewelry box with some fun new jewelry inside (which she has been wanting ever since our trip to San Diego when she spied them at our friend's house).

I have also received her BIG SIS shirt in the mail which is now packed and ready in her overnight bag for whoever ends up with her during labor.
All of Caroline's scrapbooks and her baby book are complete, that girl is SO well documented! I even caught up with the new baby's baby book and have that packed for the hospital so we can get his/her hands and footprints documented. Our car seats are in, the camera is charged, and our bags are packed...We are ready!
I finished up work last friday (YAHOO)! So, this week I am just wrapping up last minute stuff and enjoying putting my feet up!
My next doctor's appointment is this Friday and we have discussed possibly stripping my membranes at that time, so maybe a baby next weekend?!?!? We will keep you posted!








2 comments:
As a L&D nurse, I know they will love it!! No delay on the epidural :) Good luck!!!!
So excited for you Julia!! Can't wait to hear the news!!
Post a Comment