My cousin got married this past weekend in the Outer Banks NC. A few months back when I started planning my trip I knew we could not afford to all go, but thought it would so fun to have a special Mother Daughter trip with just Caroline. I also thought it would be fun to surprise my parents and not tell them I was bringing her. Thursday morning we headed to the airport, grabbed breakfast and a starbuck's drink, and got ready to spend time with some of our extended family.
We are ready and EXCITED! This sweet girl couldn't wait to do all of her schoolwork on the plane (since we were missing two days of school). She did all of her work, watched the new American Girl Grace movie (we read the book last month together), did lots of hidden pictures and puzzles, and we played Hangman Over, and Over and OVER......
We had a layover in Detroit (such a nice airport) so we grabbed dinner there and even found a Dylan's candy store for a little treat! When we arrived in Norfolk Uncle Tommy and Aunt Paige were waiting at the gate for us, SO FUN! Then we headed outside to surprise my Dad, he couldn't believe she was with me! Then we drove to the beach house and when Grandma saw Caroline she SCREAMED! It was such a fun surprise! It was REALLY late, so it was off to bed!
what happened to my growth spurt?
my sweet girl and I on the bus
beach babe
my cousin Betsy's son Will and my cousin Katy's kids Lauren and Nicolas....these four were fast friends
can you say WINDY family picture
Paige and I
Mom and I
Dad and I
The bride Kara with all of our cousins (with some of our 19 immediate cousins)
the bride with all the cousins kids.....there are A LOT...26 or so
these two were SO CUTE together at the reception
The bride Kara with all of our cousins (with some of our 19 immediate cousins)
the bride with all the cousins kids.....there are A LOT...26 or so
these two were SO CUTE together at the reception
Caroline rocked the photo booth, and by that I mean she and Lauren compromised the thing and took no less then 30 pictures in it! HA!
It was such a special trip with Caroline. We try our best to take individual time with the kids, but this was a super rare treat to have so much one on one time together. We both had a wonderful time!




















No comments:
Post a Comment