I thought for sure Scarlett was a boy, but now that she is here I am so so happy to have two little girls at home. I always wanted a sister, and am so glad Caroline and Scarlett will have each other to share so many fun memories with. Scarlett seems to resemble me a bit more than Caroline did, but they clearly look a ton alike and we cannot wait to see as they grow how much they are alike or different!

Caroline loves Scarlett and wants to hold her all the time, we are still working on gentle though, this is an example of the "football hold"!

I love saying "my girls"

Caroline loves giving Scarlett lots of hugs and kisses
a few funny things that this BIG SISTER has said over the past few days:
*Friday night while I was giving Caroline a bath I was telling her how when she went to bed mommy and daddy were going to the hospital to have the new baby. I told her that the doctor would be taking the baby out of mommy's tummy, kind of like magic. She got really wide eyed and said "Mommy does the doctor need my magic wand?" It was so cute!
*Saturday, a few hours after Scarlett arrived, Aunt Laura brought Caroline up to the hospital to meet her new sister. After visiting for a while, Scarlett got hungry. I started feeding her and all of a sudden Caroline lifted her shirt and said "Mommy now it is my turn for Scarlett to drink out of my nipple." WHAT?!?!?! We have no idea where she learned that word, so funny!
*Since we didn't know if Scarlett was a boy of a girl we have been talking about both options for a while now. Caroline is still a bit confused about the titles and several times she has introduced Scarlett as her big brother or her big sister which gets quite a giggle.








1 comment:
She is so precious!!!
Post a Comment