December 03, 2012

Caroline's painting party


Caroline's first "friend's only" party was a success. It seems so crazy that she is big enough to have a party with her own friend's from school. We ended up with nine little girls including Caroline and it turned out to be a really fun afternoon! We rented the party room at As You Wish (a local painting studio) and we painted, had lunch, played a game, had cake, opened presents, and each little girl made a goodie bag to take home with them. I figured with 4 year olds the painting might not take very long, and boy was I ever right! They whipped through those butterflies (the most popular choice of the day to paint) in what seemed like a matter of seconds! I was so glad I was prepared with lots of things to do! Lunch went well, they liked the game of pin the paintbrush on the artist, but the cake was the REAL star (besides the birthday girl of course!)! Everyone (kids and parents) LOVED the rainbow cake! I was so glad I took the leap to make it, and it actually wasn't that hard! 
 Here is the cake before we cut into it and revealed the surprise! 
 The girl's each got to make a goodie bag to take home (another time filler!) including their aprons, rainbow playdough, rice krispie treat paintbrushes, and FROM SCRATCH cookies I made in the shape of paint palettes! 

 we had lunch out for the girl's and their parents, including a rainbow of fruit on skewers
 I had each girl's apron ready for them when they arrived (painted with an art palette and their name)

 Mommy and Daddy with the birthday girl

 2 of Caroline's best buddies, Lily and Megan
 painting away

 Caroline chose a doggie to paint (one of only two girls not to choose a butterfly) 

 Megan's finished butterfly
 group picture (so with nine 3 and 4 year olds, everyone looking is IMPOSSIBLE!)
 the "pinning" post game
 getting ready for the big cake reveal

 Here it is!!!!!!

 We ended up with time, so we went ahead and opened presents, Caroline got some really fun things from her friends! 
and lastly, the girls made their goodie bags! 

Caroline we hope you had as much fun this weekend as we did celebrating your precious little life! We not only love you to pieces, but love hanging out with you! You are one sweet, kind, funny, and spunky kiddo! 
Happy Birthday Car-Car!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

LOVED IT ALL!!! The friends only party is a huge milestone!